Employment-Based Immigrants(1st and 2nd Preference)
Employment-based immigration is the most common service made available by the government and immigration authority. The U.S. immigration authorities work these under different sub-categories, depending on the nature of the application and the person’s qualification and relevant field of work
Each preference category has its own set of background requirements for the person to qualify for the IV.
Employment First Preference (E1)
(Validity: 2 years)
This category is the highest preference order for the employment-based immigrant application. An existent guarantee of employment is not necessary. They essentially include:
- An individual with extraordinary ability in the field of arts, business, scientific discoveries or research, and educational system.
- An individual who qualifies as an extraordinary professor or researcher. Mandatory 3 years of experience in the relevant field with international recognition is a must.
- Any person with the status of a Multinational manager or executive. Compulsory employment proof for least one of the last 3 years by the overseas affiliate, subsidiary, or branch falling under the same US employer
Employment Second Preference (E2)
(Validity: 3 months to 5 years)
A person of advanced qualification or one who has an extraordinary ability falls under the second preference category. This preference needs a labor certification and also an existing job offer from a US-based employer. The sub-categories include:
- Advanced educational or qualification degree holding candidate. Mandatory 5 years of experience in the relevant field with a progressive contribution.
- Individual with a qualification or degree in the field of arts, science, or business studies, with the degree being a proof of extraordinary ability.